Features to consider while choosing a humidifier for dry skin
Following are some of the features you should check before making your purchase of a humidifier for dry skin:
While searching for the best humidifier for dry skin make sure to check the type of mist it produces. Some humidifiers come with the option of only cool mist while there are a few systems that offer mist of both warm and cool type, like the LEVOIT Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier. Humidifiers with only cool mist production are cheaper and much more common. Warm mist is an excellent option if you want the water to be clean from impurities since it is initially boiled inside. It doesn’t mean the cool mist humidifiers don’t get rid of bacteria and impurities beforehand. Some, like the VicTsing Upgraded Humidifier with Filter Impurities Stone use a medical stone filter to keep the water clean. So, try to find a product that suits your needs.
It is another essential feature to check while making your decision. The runtime of the humidifier will make sure that you do not have to run your unit two times a day. It is essential because there are times when you do not have a minute off throughout the day to fill the water tank again. So, if you have one that can offer a long operation, just like the Air Innovations MH-701BA that can last for up to 96 hours on one refill, it will save you some effort.
If you are looking for a humidifier for your office or a nursery, the last thing that you will want is a humidifier that operates loudly. This is why it is important to check the noise level of the product you are looking forward to purchasing. Humidifiers like TaoTronics Ultrasonic Humidifiers are known for their whisper-quiet operation.
Water tank capacity
One of the crucial functions that you should check while making your purchase is the water tank capacity of the system. There are humidifiers on the market that have smaller tanks. Once again, the larger the water tank, the less often you’ll have to refill it. If you’re planning on running your device for many hours in a row, go for a larger tank. Should you use it occasionally just for several hours, a small one will do.
Aromatherapy option/essential oils compatibility
If you are an aromatherapy fan, then you must know how great it is to have a humidifier which you can add a few drops of essential oils in. Not every model boasts this function, but there are some great options on the market allowing you to do so.
Models like the LEVOIT humidifier
offer you a separate section for adding essential oils. With these compartments, you can enjoy the advantages of aromatherapy whenever you want.
It’s crucial to know the coverage area a specific model is designed for. If you purchase one that covers an area more than you need to, then it’s an overkill and might result in excess humidity, and even mold. Similarly, if you purchase a humidifier that is not enough to cover the area, then you will not get the desired result, and your purchase will end in vain.
You might not take it as a big deal at first, but the warranty is as important of a factor as any other on this list. The reason behind this is that you do not know when your humidifier might start to cause an operational problem. This is the time when if your product is out of warranty all you can do is to pay money for all the repairing. So, make sure to go for a humidifier that offers a long warranty, no less than a year to be able to test your device properly and make sure there are no manufacturing defects.
Apart from all the above-mentioned features, there are some other ones that you should look out for. They include:
- Remote control: Having a remote controller at your bedside will increase the amount of accessibility by a great deal. There are several options of humidifiers that come with these remote controls, including the Air Innovations MH-701BA, our Editor’s Choice.
- Auto shut-off: This function is like a dream that comes true for those who find themselves failing to refill the water tank regularly. Auto shut-off feature provides you with extra peace of mind by turning off as soon as the water level reaches a certain limit. Thankfully, all of the models on our list have this feature.
- Timer settings: Timer comes in handy if you want to save some electricity. It is especially useful when the humidifier is used at night as you don’t need it to be continually on till morning.
- Humidistat: Built-in humidistat will not only show the real-time humidity level but in most cases, it will also shut the device down when the desired level is reached.
How to keep your skin hydrated at all times
It is important for everyone to keep their skin hydrated. As not only dehydrated skin does not look good, but also it becomes prone to a number of infections and diseases. But, in the hectic lifestyle that we follow, taking care of our skin becomes a tough task. If you are suffering from this problem and want a soft and hydrated skin, then the following tips might help you a lot:
- Drink a lot of water and especially if you live in an area where the humidity level is low.
- Use moisturizing creams and lotions in winters. In winter, the moisture in the atmosphere becomes too low, and this results in dehydrated skin.
- Purchasing a humidifier is also a great option as it will keep your home humidity under control and will maintain your skin’s hydration level.
- Try to eat fruits that are water-based like watermelon as they increase the water level of your body which will, in turn, keep your skin hydrated.